Business-minded, strategic & efficient.
My priority is to clarify the trademark process and provide you with practical advice that fits your situation. I focus on understanding your goals, work style, risk tolerance, and budget to get results in a way that works for you. I work efficiently and with transparency, so that you know exactly where you stand.
Free half-hour consultation.
First, the two of us speak. We discuss your business needs and explore the ways in which I can help. I listen carefully to identify any legal issues that you may not have considered.
I provide an explanation of intellectual property basics, the trademark application process, and how I can guide you through it.
If we decide to work together, I outline the way forward. And if I am not the right match for your situation, I am happy to refer you to one of the many lawyers I know so that you get the legal advice that you need.
My work with clients may include:
- Legal advice regarding trademark and general corporate matters, including brainstorming legal issues with you and referring you to other specialized counsel.
- Developing a general approach and strategy based on real world interests.
- Evaluation of trademark availability based upon known findings.
- Preparation, filing, registration, and maintenance of one or more trademark applications/registrations in the U.S.
- Assistance with foreign trademark applications.
- Non-disclosure agreements.
- Cease and desist letters.
- Domain name disputes.
- Amazon, eBay, App Store, Social Media take-downs.
- Trademark license agreements.
- Referrals to other legal specialists.
Trademark work may involve any of these four steps, depending on your situation:
- Search - Is your trademark eligible for registration?
(This includes whether it is sufficiently distinctive and identifies other trademarks that may get in the way of ownership.) Learn more about trademark searches.
- Strategize - What are you looking to do with your business? What trademark rights should you protect and how?
(Based on the results of the search and your risk tolerance, we come up with a plan that works for your business needs.)
- File - File the appropriate applications to protect your trademark with Trademark Offices in the U.S. and/or abroad.
(I directly file U.S. trademark applications and connect with my network of foreign lawyers to file non-U.S. trademark applications.)
- Prosecute - Work through the registration process.
(Trademark Office attorneys will set deadlines and may make inquiries or raise objections.)
Legal fees can be stressful and confusing to clients. Before we get started, I clearly explain the scope of the work and my fee structure. I answer any of your questions.
I am efficient with my time and only charge for work done. I check in with you along the way, keep you posted on my progress, and confirm with you before spending substantial time on a project. You should never be confused or surprised by a bill.
My legal services are billed in 0.1 hour increments (it’s a precise profession) and each specific task is detailed on your statement. Alternatively, I offer trademark packages with set services and fees to accommodate your budget.